Friday, May 16, 2014

Guest Post: Date Night Hair


So earlier this week I had the lovely Whitney Fredette do a post on make-up... you all loved it so much (I knew you would, she is awesome) she is back for another post! Yay! Claps for Whitney! This time she is doing a post on how she gets her hair so fabulous! Take it away Whit!

Let me start by saying my hair is impossible.  I have such a hard time styling it because it doesn’t hold curl, it has ZERO volume, and it is super slippery.  I have never colored or highlighted my hair- it is 100% natural, so I think that is why my hair lacks texture!  I have always loved my hair though, its probably my favorite feature about myself, but some days I just want to chop it all off…. lets be honest though, that will never happen. 



My go to look almost every time I decide to do my hair, are beachy waves, because those kinds of waves seem to stay, and when they fall out… it’s as if it was on purpose. 



I don’t use any product in my hair other than hairspray- they just make my hair greasy and even more slippery.



I start with my hair dry, and my hair dries very straight, so I don’t do anything but blow dry and brush it out.



For the beachy waves I use a 1-inch iron.  I use random size pieces of hair, but nothing bigger than 2 inches thick. 



I start in the middle of the piece of hair, clamp, and roll up- slowly pulling the iron out and getting more hair into the iron.  I stop about 2-3 inches from the end, and let that hair stick out.



I am holding each piece in the iron for about 20 seconds.  Once I’m finished it looks something like this:





I run my fingers through it and break it all up to make it look like this:





I finish it off with my favorite hairspray in all of the land!  Its called Covert Control, and I swear by this spray. 







Like I said, this is my go to look, it is simple and fairly effortless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment