Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Guest Post: Date Night Makeup

Oh my lands you guys. I am so STOKED for this guest post today. The cutest girl in the world agreed to do it for me! Miss. Whitney Fredette is the sweetest thing and looks perfect on all occasions. I have noticed on her instagram and twitter that people are constantly asking her makeup, hair and fashion advice. So I asked her to do a couple of guest posts for me. Here is one on date night makeup!


I have always loved make up!  While I don’t have any professional experience in it, I love to try new looks, new lipsticks, and change up my make up routine often so I can find what I think looks best on me.  I LOVE reading other make up blogs, two of my favorites are Kissable Complexions and Maskcara.  They have such great tips and they are always using the newest, best make up.  While I like to find my own routine that works for my skin, I also like to see what other women say works for them, so I can try it out for myself.  This look below is a typical day or night look, that I wore on a date with my husband just this weekend!



First I want to talk about the base.  I recently discovered this face cream called Phytomer.  It is seriously THE BEST.  It truly moisturizes my skin, and leaves it so dewy and soft. 



I have never been the type of girl who loves covering up all of her skin.  I hate the look of “caked” on make up, so I looked and looked for a good foundation that wouldn’t do that, but would still give me enough coverage to even out my skin.  I use Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer balm with SPF.  When I put that on top of my lotion my skin feels AH-mazing! (I apply with my fingers)  Not to mention is adds to that dewy look, and HUGE plus, it has SPF.





I didn’t even know highlight and contour existed until about a year ago… am I the only one?  Maybe I was late to get on the train but it is worth it to start highlighting and contouring if you aren’t already! My favorite products for this are two that I really just stumbled across and absolutely love.  For my contour I use Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate.  For the highlight I use Senna cosmetics face sculpting kit. For my blush I used Bobbi Brown cream blush in “Fresh Melon”, one of my absolute favorites- it can be worn everyday.  Then you blend, blend, blend, and I love the beauty blender sponge!





After I finish my highlight on contour I move onto my eyes.  I use Urban Decay Primer potion, the “eden” tube.  This primer is bomb!  Next, I used MAC “naked lunch” and “Brun” as my shadow.  I used “brun” in the crease and along my lash line on both the top and bottom.  I LOVE false lashes.  I think they make anyone’s face just that much more dramatic.  The false lashes I used were House of Lashes “Temptress”.  I finished off my bottom liner with Bobbi Brown gel liner in “Forest shimmering ink”, just lightly right along the lash line.  I put a little mascara on my bottom lashes.






I filled in my brows with the “ash blonde” brow wiz by Anastasia.



For my Lips I used MAC “Syrup”.  It is a really pretty soft pink.  I love my nude lips, but I always find that a little color makes my lips look fuller, and my teeth look whiter… so YES PLEASE.



I finished of the look with a Shiseido loose powder, and Urban Decay make up setting spray.  I would highly recommend this setting spray, I have definitely noticed my makeup lasting way longer when I use it!

Makeup is different for everyone; so my best advice is to find what you love, and use make up to enhance your natural beauty, not cover you up or completely transform your look!



2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!

    whit you are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post! Whitney is such a beautiful and genuine person. I am always one to comment on her makeup and ask about what she is wearing/using. Keep up the guest posts, they are great!

    ReplyDelete