Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fashionable Fandom

Hello everyone! I have a fashion post for you today. (I know, you're probably thinking "Well, duh the post title says 'Fashion' in it.) Since it is Fall and everyone is in the football spirit I decided to do a post on how to show your pride fashionably. I put together a couple of outfits to give ya some ideas, I hope ya dig them. Wait- people don't say dig anymore. I hope you think these outfits are "everything." (Ha! Teasing!)

Also, before moving forward you will notice some conflicting colors. My family and I Roll Tide pretty darn hard. Rammer Jammer!!! Yes, we live in Utah but I have family in the South and my dad lived down there for a very long time.We love 'Bama and have for yeeeears. However, my Father and I both went to BYU so I do have cougar pride. Thus, the conflicting colors below.

Oh and, one more thing, I'm kind of a spaz. Thus, typical blogger posing is hard for me to do... so enjoy these Elora-esque posing. 

Outfit 1:
Fancy Fandom





T-shirts are an easy way to show your team pride! I got this one from Fanatics.com. Anyway, a way to dress it up is a fit and flare skirt, I find that these skirts give any outfit a feminine touch. And this one is from H&M so it won't break the bank!

Moving on, be careful with the shoes, depending on the length of the skirt you'll want to watch your heel height. This skirt is long so I went for a high heel to make me legs look longer.  AND the jacket is my favorite part. This one is realllly old BUT bomber jackets are so in right now! ASOS has some great ones, check them out here

Outfit 2:
Toned Down Team Colors




I got this dress to wear if I ever go to BYU games AND just because I liked it. One of the reasons I liked it is the detail on the sleeve. It gives the dress a sporty feel but it still girly because, well, it's a dress.

When you are thinking of going to a game, or a party, try a simple dress like this one or a cotton maxi- something to that effect in your teams color shows your pride without being SUPER obvious.

Another cute and subtle way to show your pride is Alex and Ani bracelet. The brand is awesome and has many College/Team logos.  I have an Alabama one and I LOVE it.

Outfit 3:
Sweatshirts and Skirts 





I got this sweatshirt from the PINK College and Pro Collection at Victoria Secret.  The skirt is super old, it's from Anthro. Buuuuut you can get a good pencil skirt anywhere- even Target! (I am a huge Target lover!)

Anyway, most sweatshirts are boxy and a little over sized- but you can totally wear them and not look frumpy.  The key is to have a more tailored bottom, like a pencil skirt. Then you can add a casual shoe. With a sweatshirt top, a tailored bottom and a sneak on bottom it is a game day appropriate outfit. Obviously you'll be a little more dressed up then the other fans but you'll look cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment