Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Contributor Post: 1 Braid 3 Ways, Part 1


So a little bit ago I had the lovely Kali Chris  help bedazzle me for a blog shoot. I will be honest with you, when it comes to hair I am pretty darn basic. If you know me, my hair is either down and curly or up in bun and/or ponytail. BUT I wanted to give you lovely readers some other fun ideas so I called Kali in! Her ideas are so doable and I wanted to share them with you!

ANYWAY I had three different outfits at the shoot and I wanted a slightly different hair-do for each of them... but obviously that takes A TON of time. So Kali decided to give me a fancy little fishtail braid (Tutorial created by the famous Miss. Fillerup can be found here.). She used the braid for all three looks and just gave each 'do a slight change. For the post today she will be given ya'll the "Updo Braid" how-to. The rest will come later this week!

Pictures by Saans Photography


Updo Braid:
The key here is to hide the bobby pins. When you take the strand of hair place the bobby pin open end facing up and do a half turn with the hair the way you want to place the hair and then push it up into the hair, then reinforce it by placing another pin crisscrossing in an "x" shape. It won't move:) 


Take the right side a slightly turn it away from the face (twist, another braid, whatever you want) Place the bobby pin.



Take the fishtail side place the bobby pin facing up and do a half turn into the hair and push the pin in and up, then cross it with another in a x shape to secure.


 Take a piece from the left side and twist then do the same pinning technique where you want it to fall ( you can change the shape by where you pin it)


Alternate left and right twisting and placing the pieces to make a bun shape. (You can weave the pieces over and under to give it a fun texture.)


Perfect the Updo but puckering and loosening pieces to where you want them.


Spray and then you are ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment