Monday, January 12, 2015

Golden Globes 2015: Best and Worst Dressed

I adore award season. Not for the movies (I seem to love what critics hate and hate what they love!) but for the clothes. I'm in awe of the fashion! The glamor reminds me of  Old Hollywood days (but to be honest I wish those modest silhouette appeared a little more but that is just me.) and I just adore watching what all of today's designers put forth. I just love it!

When I first got into journalism I wanted to BE on the red carpet and ask everyone "Hey, what are you wearing?" But I decided lifestyle was more my thing... Ok I'm babbling let's move on. I have decided to do a little blog post on the best and worst dressed of the 2015 Golden Globes. I am going to focus mostly on the best dressed because that's nicer right? Anyway, here are my pics! AND I'd love to hear your votes for best and worst dressed!

PS All pics are from E! Online

2015 Golden Globes Best Dressed 


Greer Grammer: I love a good blush gown and this one by Lorena Sarbu is stunning! The appliques are perfect. Now, this type of dress is very popular on the red carpet but I find that this one isn't over kill with the glitz and the tulle is just the right amount of poof. Well done in my opinion. 

Julia Goldani Telles: I chose her as one of my best dressed because of the hue of the dress. I mean seriously! Is that blue not stunning?! The hue in addition to the cut of her dress made her stand out to me. I am huge fan of ball gowns and this one was an A+ in my book.

Emily Blunt: I adore her, I don't know her personally (obviously) but she seems sweet and I think her and her hubby are the cutest. Anyway, I LOVED her Michael Kors dress. To me, it was a modern take on Miss. Monroe's famous white gown. I also loved how she added a bit of color with her fabulous turquoise earrings.

The next selection of my best dressed is all about the blue hue! I adored this light blue/grayish tone, it's stunning no? Let's talk about the ladies individually.

Julianne Moore: Givenchy Couture. Repeat, Givenchy Couture. STUNNING. This was one of my favorite looks of the night. I know some might think that the sparkle and the feathers were a bit over kill but I disagree! The hue of the dress makes it OK (if it were hot pink that would be a different story). The ombre effect of the feathers is stunning and it just says "Red Carpet" to me.

Diane Kruger: The train on this dress wins my heart. I love a good stiff train! Also the high neck and the thick sleeves is not a usually look you see on the Red Carpet. THEN the fabric has a slight sparkle to it, yup, I loved it.

Amy Adams: I am a huge fan. I watched her interview on the red carpet with Ryan Seacrest and I was very impressed with her. She seemed humble and gracious and I thought it was refreshing. BUT on to her dress. To be honest, Amy Adams is always on my list of Best Dressed because she is always classic. I know fashion is about taking risks but I applaud her for being brave to stay classic. This Versace dress is fabulously Old Hollywood and I would borrow it from her if I could.


Allison Williams: I watched her interview on E! and when they asked about her dress she informed them that after playing Peter in Peter Pan she wanted something super girly. She nailed it! The bright color of the dress and all the detailing is super fun and glamorous. 

Anna Kendrick: I wish Anna and I were friends, I think we would get along. Anyways, her burgundy and nude dress had me green with envy. I want to wear it! The dainty belt and ball gown shape are so lovely. Plus, I am a huge fan of most everything Monique Lhuillier creates.

And honorable mentions to Emma Stone and Felicity Jones! (The detail buttons on the back of Jones' dress were stunning!!!!)

2015 Golden Globes Worst Dressed
Now before I go on I don't want any of you to think I hate prints. I LOVE them, it's just my two least favorite dresses just happen to have prints on them.

Claire Danes: I feel like this dress would have been better if the top had been fixed. I mean, I am not a top fashion designer but the top was so loose that when she posed for pictures, to me,  it didn't photograph well.

Keira Knightley: The problem with this dress is the proportions. The bib part of the dress cuts so low and the frills on the bottom of the dress start so high it makes her look short. I also think the dress makes her look slightly juvenile. And I feel so bad saying that because, apparently, it took- like- 30 people to make the dress.

What are your thoughts?!

2 comments: