Tuesday, December 23, 2014

DIY Last Minute Christmas Decor




I am pretty sure most of you reading this are all set on the Christmas Decorations front. BUT if you're not, or by chance you are throwing  party and you want to spruce things up a bit I have some super easy DIY Decorating ideas for ya. Let's do this!

Golden Pine-cones:
This is seriously these easiest project ever, I almost feel silly sharing it because I am sure many of you have tried it. Anyway, to add a little glam to your house pick up some pinecones and spray paint them gold. I think it is super pretty and so easy to do!

Jars and Pretty Things:
I wanted to put the pine-cones in a pretty holder, I mean they deserved it! So I went to All a Dollar and found some jars. I went home and painted the top of them gold (When I first started painted it look so silly! It needs a few coats so don't freak out if it doesn't look good right away!) While I was there I found some cheap Christmas Balls. I put them in some clear jars I already had at home and spread the extra balls through out our house.

Frames:
Can you tell I am a fan of gold?! Well guess what, I am also a fan of All a Dollar. Every once in a while they have some gems- like some of these frames! (I will be honest and say a lot of the frames my mom has had for years, BUT there are a few we bought for a buck!) If you can't find gold, grab one and spray paint it gold. YAY spray paint! Ok moving on, inside the frames I place some vintage Christmas cards (not pictured) little baubles people use to put on presents and cute Christmas lyrics. I think its adorable... but then again I made it...

Garland:
Here is a tip, fresh garland makes any mantel, table or serving area look awesome. I went to Smith's Marketplace- yes Smith's- to get this garland. Buying it fresh makes your house smell like Christmas, plus it looks pretty!
Hopefully one of these DIY ideas helped ya out! Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment