Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Holiday/New Year's Styling Tips


I hope you are all having a great Christmas and are ready for the New Year! I've got some holiday styling tips for ya! And I know this post is a little late... but some of the styling can be applied to New Years! ANNND some people have late Christmas Parties... it happens! So let's go! Oh, P.S. these are tips and rules I follow but there are merely ideas. Everyone has their own style!


1. Don't do Red AND Green
Wearing red and green at the same time is a bit over kill. It reminds me of Whoville for some reason...

2. Go All White
One of my favorite things to do around the Holiday is go all white. Songs like "Let It Snow" and "White Christmas" come to mind. If you go all white it's fun to add a pop of red! Try adding a red lip, shoes, or other accesories.








3. Try New Fabrics
I feel like the Holidays are a great time to experiment with new fabrics. Many Holiday parties are on the formal side so its the perfect place to pull out lace, fur, taffeta etc. In my opinion, these fabrics make any outfit a bit more fancy and festive.




4. Don't Be Afraid To Wear Pants
Many times when women are deciding what to wear for a Holiday part they immediately think they need to wear a dress or skirt. Now, I must admit that I spend most of my life in dresses and skirts (I don't do jeans... it's an odd thing of mine) but I LOVE a good jumpsuit! I think they are so fun and you can really dress them up! Put on some killer hills and a fun belt and you are good to go! With this outfit of mine I went with some SPARKLY accessories because, I mean come on, it Christmas! Plus New Years is all about the glitter too.



5. Don't Over Do It on The Sparkle
I just said I love sparkle, and I do! However, I feel like Christmas and New Years is a time where it can get out of hand. If you have sparkles all over you, you start to resemble a Christmas ornament... or the ball that drops in New York. If you have glitter pants, that's all you need. A glitter top? All you need. A skirt? You get the point. (Accessories are another story, my rule is two sparkly accessories at a time. I totally made that up but it seems to help keep my love for glitter in check. Haha.)




So those are my tips! Like I said, they are rules that IIIIIII follow- I realize everyone has their own style, and that's what makes fashion so great! BUT if these rules can help you pick out a killer Holiday outfit I think I have done my job!



No comments:

Post a Comment