Thursday, June 5, 2014

Getting to Know You Some More

You guys know, for the most part, I don't really talk about my personal life on this blog. I did a "Getting To Know You Post" a little while back because I felt that a blog with no persnality was laaaaame. After I posted it I got a couple of comments from ya'll stating that you rather enjoyed it. First of all, thank you! Second, it made me realize that I should take a bit more time to let you all know about the girl that runs this here blog. I have a lot of guest bloggers, because they are AWESOME, but I realized my voice might get lost. So here are 10 facts about me if you care to know! (I say ten cuz I swear that is a magic blogger number... "10 must have beauty products!" "10 styles for Spring!" "10 ways to use tomatoes!" You get the idea)

1. I have a mad crush on Chuck Bartowski and Captain America. I have been informed numerous times by family members that they are not real. Yes, I am AWARE. However, I have a feeling that the man who plays Chuck -Zachary Levi- is pretty much the same person as his character... one day we will meet and be wed. Teasing.

2. My favorite movie in the whole wide world is "Sabrina" with Audrey Hepburn. She became my favorite actress when I was 12 years old and I found out one of her ballet teachers didn't have faith in her... so she proved her wrong and became one of the biggest stars in the world!

3. I LOOOOOOATH wearing jeans. I will wear them occasionally because they are so versatile but I really don't like them.Shorts are ok though.

4. I believe in Fairtytales.

5. My family and I ROLLLLL TIDE. We live in Utah yes. HOWEVER, we have southern ties and I will yell Roll Tide till I die. This view is not popular amongst the Utah folk.

6. When I was interning it up at the Tony Awards, Vanessa Redgrave came up to me and I told her I was "Just Elora the Intern." She took my hands and said "Darling, you are so much more. You're Elora and you are wonderful." It really stuck with me! (Also, once upon a time Zac Efron told me my name was pretty.)

7. I teach 13 year old girls at church. And it is the funnest thing in the world. BUTTTT they told me today, "Our friend so-and-so is more adult than you are. You're fun!" I suppose I need to grow up...

8. I have a TERRIBLE singing voice. Oh my gosh. My own mother cringes when I sing, my brother has yelled "NOOOOO!!! I can't do it today!" on numerous occasions. Bless my heart... can someone bless their own heart? And the whole thing is kind of sad because if I could sing... I really think I could be a country star! The next Taylor Swift! America's Sweetheart! Ok I am done.

9. I don't like churros.

10. I really want this little internet space of mine to make people happy. I know people say that... but I want it to be a place where people don't compare themselves to my contributors and I. A place on the internet that's fun and doesn't make you want to poke your eyes out or make you feel that you're not good enough. There a few of those blogs out there and I LOVE them. I hope this one can be that way.








2 comments: